Margins up to 80% (based on average commercial project)
Multiple target markets for maximum sales results:
50% in-store/online retail and 50% outside commercial
Low startup cost – just $7500!
Low monthly licensing fee – $600 flat!
Unlike most franchise models, The PR licensed business model doesn’t take a percentage of your sales.
Minimum commitment is only one year.
Estimated initial investment is only $50,000-$150,000.
A thoughtfully designed, complete brand, including packaging that adds to the perceived value of your services
- Access to all PR-branded digital components through the online PR Portal (artwork and usage guidelines)
- PR-branded packaging artwork, instructions and source guide
- Exterior signage artwork, specs and design assistance
Retail Store Design:
A beautifully designed space that inspires creativity, encourages spontaneous collaboration and demonstrates your capabilities
- Personalized consultation with an interior specialist to create a custom layout for your location
- Source guide and purchase orders for all construction elements and furnishings: flooring, lighting, wall treatments, consultation counter, coffee bar/beverage station, workstations, casual conversation area, collaboration tables, feature display tables, merchandise fixtures, monitors and tablets
- Plan-o-grams, graphics, instructions and source guides for beverage station, local architectural feature wall, focal wall and all wall displays
- Guidelines for restroom(s) and optional children’s area
- Sensory experience guidelines: beverage station, scent, sound and cleaning
Local + Global Managed Marketing:
- IPI – Member Network Marketing Solutions Program (MSP)
- IPI – Member Network Managed Marketing Services (MMS) – branded for PR
- Hosted, designed + managed location website (customizable) and PR global website directory listing
- Complete + managed targeted brand launch marketing campaign across a variety of mediums (includes website, email, social media, digital signage, Google Places, Google Adwords and Facebook Ads)
- Open house event guide
- Ongoing global brand-wide marketing campaigns
- Hosted email for general information, owner and commercial business
Merchandising + Displays:
- Merchandising guides for wall and table displays, updated seasonally
- Continuously updated sourcing for lifestyle merchandise that compliments your services
- Signature Product guide for Locally Inspired™ custom merchandise that celebrates your geographic culture
The Print Refinery™ has unique high-margin solutions available to service lucrative commercial clients. Developing relationships with local businesses to drive commercial sales is performed using the Creative Partner Program™ method. Team members trained in this method will work mostly outside of the store to develop relationships with clients within the community. However, the store is well-equipped with interactive displays and collaboration areas for in-store appointments, as well as spontaneous experiences.
In-Depth Team Training Programs:
- Five day, on-location commercial sales (Creative Partner Program™), retail experience and business operations training, for up to three people, at an existing TBD PR location. It is recommended that the owner, managers and commercial sales team members participate. (Production training will be supplemented in your own location by IPI Supplying Partners with the purchase of new equipment.)
- Ongoing training through IPI Member Network University, a fun and easy-to-use online training system. Some modules are required for all team members and others are duty-specific. Initial modules including branding, culture, experience, packaging, retail sales techniques, classes + events, etc.
- Complete operations binder with access to regular online updates and additions
- Business development coaching: sales goals and team building
- Weekly calls and other collaboration with your personal IPI HQ Team Onboarding Manager from inception to open house/brand launch
- Monthly licensee group calls
- Existing PR licensee mentor
Consumer Education, Classes + Events:
Interactive education and social events make up the very essence of the brand and create a community around your business.
- Continuously updated bank of class + event guides and marketing materials for archiving, creative mobile photography, themed DIY make-and-take and photo walks
- Customizable class + event brochure and schedule
- Guides for individual coaching and participating in community events
Signature Products + Services:
Continuous development of unique and exclusive products and services to set you apart from the competition
- Magnetic Canvas Art
- Memory Mash-Up
- The Gather Box
- History Wall
- Locally Inspired
- Wall Murals
- Typeographic Word Art
- Social Photo Frames
Business Operations Solutions:
- IPI – Member Network Membership: Supplying Partner + Affiliate savings, online networking Forum, International Print + Imaging Conference, year-round IPI Live educational broadcasts, Fearless Reinvention System™, etc.
- Access to sources for equipment, ordering platforms, outsourcing partners, consumables, etc.
- Templates for core products, as well as Signature ones
- General team member job description and application, as well as the dress code complete with artwork and source guide
- Specified POS with standardized chart of accounts for ease of reporting and tracking (Global data for specific products, services and promotions will be provided to all licensees and used for future marketing training.)
- Guidance on setting annual, quarterly and monthly sales goals based upon a growth model consisting of approximately 50% in commercial sales
What is the difference in pricing, commitment and requirements between a licensed model and a franchise?
A comparison of The Print Refinery™ license vs. a typical franchise:
$7,500 vs. $45,000 (or $15,000 up front + $30,000 over first 3 years)
$600 vs. $3,000 (based on 8% of estimated average sales)
1 year vs. 20 year
Estimated total initial investment
$50,000 – $150,000 vs. $150,000 – $300,000
What is the difference between a licensed model and a franchise?
With a licensed model, IPI has a very limited role in your business.
Other than your obligation to properly use The Print Refinery™ trademarks and maintain a minimum level of quality in providing business services associated with the trademarks, IPI does not restrict or dictate the manner in which you conduct your operations. A licensed model is not subject to sales reporting regulations. A Hallmark store would be an example of a licensed model. A McDonald’s would be an example of a franchise.